Maidenhair Fern Care
Maidenhair Ferns are easy to care for as long as you follow a few simple rules:
- Don't let the soil dry out, check it daily and add a small amount of water as needed. But don't overwater, you don't need your plant swimming in water!!
- Maidenhair ferns don't like draughts. So make sure NOT to place your plant near an open window or a vent or fan.
- Maidenhairs prefer a humid environment so a gentle misting with water is a good idea, especially in warmer weather.
- Once you find the perfect spot for your maidenhair fern it's a good idea to leave it alone.
- Maidenhairs like filtered light but NEVER direct sunlight as you may scorch the leaves.
- Some people find the bathroom is an ideal place for a maidenhair fern as they enjoy the humidity!
- An occasional feeding with liquid fertiliser according to directions on the packet during the growing months will keep your plant happy & healthy.
Maidenhair Ferns are a beautiful pale green and fresh looking plant so ENJOY!!